Tuesday, May 29, 2012

randomness of the past few days

The past few days we spent mostly lounging around and enjoying being "summertime lazy". Saturday night we went back to volcanoes national park to see the volcano glow, but unfortunately it was raining and cloudy so we couldn't see it. Sunday we spent cleaning the house for the arrival of Elena's brother, Sterling, and grandmother from Oregon on Monday afternoon. They flew into Kona, which is 2 hours away from Elena's house so her and I got up early to spend the morning in Kona looking around and then we would meet her parents at the airport. We beat her parents to the airport, and after driving around the airport about 11 times keeping our eyes out for them, we finally found them! They were both awake enough so we spent the rest of the afternoon at the beach on Kona side. The weather was really weird. It was raining where Elena lived, cloudy at the airport, but hot an sunny at the beach. Strange, strange. Regardless, we enjoyed lounging at the beach and getting tan, and swimming in the waves/water which was the perfect temperature! And despite Elena ruining my driving reputation by telling her parents I was the typical new england crazy driver, I drove Elena and I back safely. I officially drove in Hawaii woot woot! Today our task was to wash the cars. Her moms car was easy, but the one that had been sitting in the driveway not and didn't work was pretty darn dirty! While Elena and Sterling began waxing her mom's car I decided I would start tackling the dirty, white expedition. Everyone can just call me the car washing pro from now on. I went all out on that car, daddy you should be proud! I even climbed on the roof to scrub the dirt off. It was like when I would climb into the rooftop carrier for trips, but instead I had a hose and scrubbing brush. I also probably got half the water on my clothes...but hey, free shower for the win!

No comments:

Post a Comment